What’s your passion? What breaks your heart? What spurs you on to do something? People starving and dying from diseases? People without clean water to drink? Babies being aborted? Christians being persecuted? Homeless people with no place to live? Orphans with no family to care for them? People trapped in the horror of slavery and human trafficking?
There is so much heartache in the world and so many people who need help, but we can all do something.
My heart breaks over all of the things I mentioned, but when I learned about the suffering of 27 million people enslaved today, I knew I had to do something. I couldn’t continue just living my own life, ignoring the hurting of others, doing nothing for those who are suffering from injustice.
If you too have a heart for justice, specifically in the area of slavery, here are some ways to take action . . .
- Educate yourself. If your passion is about slavery and justice, take a look at some books about these issues. You can also find other informative resources throughout my blog and website.
- Support ministries and organizations that are working in your area of passion. Here are some that fight slavery & other injustices.
- Pray. I’ve written a few different posts about this, and there are many prayer guides for slavery which you can find here, here, here, and here.
- Tell others about your passion and get them involved, or find others who share your passion and join them!
- Here’s a great opportunity to get involved in a new group that has a heart and passion for seeing slavery end. The SheIsPriceless Yahoo! Group “is for those who have been moved to join the efforts against Human Trafficking and Sexual Slavery in the world. It is specifically for people who have read “Priceless” and want to join their voice with the others at HopeChest in finding ways to make a difference. Visit www.SheIsPriceless.com for more information!” Go to yahoogroups.com and search “SheIsPriceless” to join today!
What about you? Can you live your life knowing there are so many people in need and not do anything to help them? I encourage you to do something! Find your passion and do something about it!
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ~ Edmund Burke
“It’s my firm belief that God has already sent the answers to solve the world’s most difficult issues, and the answer is people like us getting involved. So take a step to help, just one, and it will change your life forever!” ~ Tom Davis, Children’s HopeChest
“God has a plan to help bring justice to the world, and his plan is us.” ~ Gary Haugen, International Justice Mission