Please take a look at the prayer guide for more prayer requests, Scripture passages to prepare your heart and mind, and much more information about sex trafficking including: Defining the Problem, Scope of the Problem, Demand, and Impact.
The prayer guide is available in many different languages, and you can find links to them and many other prayer and fasting resources on The Salvation Army’s website.
Here are some prayer requests for rescue and restoration, breakdown of the sex industry, reduction of demand, and the church . . .
Rescue and Restoration
Pray for the rescue and restoration of the countless number of people who have become victims of sexual trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation, including the following:
- for an end to their exploitation and sexual abuse,
- for as many safe and secure shelters as are needed to provide for their material needs,
- for loving care takers to provide comfort, solace, and a sense of family,
- for training and education to provide these persons with meaningful and productive livelihoods,
- for medical treatment to meet their many health concerns;
- for the Gospel message to reach their ears and be received in their hearts.
Breakdown of the Sex Industry
Pray for the breakdown of the sex industry which fuels sex trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation of persons:
- the demise of pornography industry;
- a ban on internet pornography and sex tourism internet cites;
- for the closure of clubs with nude dancing and stripping;
- strong law enforcement efforts the world over to enforce obscenity laws, fight corruption, and to arrest/convict the pimps, traffickers and “customers”;
- permanent closure of brothels.
Reduction of Demand
Pray for efforts to reduce the demand for commercial sex, including the following:
- the defeat of attempts to legalize prostitution in countries around the world;
- the overturn of laws that legalized prostitution in the Netherlands, Germany, New Zealand and certain districts of Australia;
- for a repeal of legalized prostitution in Nevada;
- for the development in programs known as “johns’ schools” for men convicted of soliciting for sex (aimed at educating men about the harms of prostitution);
- for the success and development of additional ministries such as “Faithful and True” and “Avenue” which help people plagued with sexual addictions;
- for counter-cultural movements opposing the normalization of pimping and prostitution;
- for God to convict the hearts of traffickers, pimps and the “customers” and to transform their lives, as in the example of John Newton who turned from his life as a slave trader after coming to the faith.
Pray for the church and its response to sex trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation, including the following:
- for more missionaries to carry out evangelism;
- for more Christian aid workers to establish and administer recovery homes for survivors of trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation, as well as programs to rescue victims;
- for an increase in resources – human, financial, and infastructural – to be dedicated to meeting the needs of survivors;
- for the church, its members and leaders, to remain sexually pure ─ that they not become the perpetrators or consumers of abuse in any form;
- for increased networking and cooperation among Christian groups working on this issue;
- for the strength, fortitude, and vision of Christians working to address this issue.